Friday, July 10, 2009

Our trip home

Our vacation was so relaxing until the way home.....

Our car was having problems the whole way home. If we turned it off, it would not start again for 30 minutes. It was horrible.

In Oregon we hit a hail/rain storm. We had to pull off the road for about 20 minutes becaue we couldn't see anything.

And then, nine miles into Idaho, we got into an car accident.
We were passing a semi on the left and he began to come over into our lane and push us off the road. We went into the burrow pit on the the left side. My husband then tried to get back up on the road and we went skidding into the right burrow pit and the car turned 180 degrees and we were going backwards down the side of the freeway. Dirt was flying and we were out of control! All I could do was scream, "Jesus, Oh my God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." We slammed into the gaurd rail on the dirt side of the freeway.



I was so scared to look back at the kids. I didn't want to see them hurt in the back seat. As I turned around, I saw two white faces with eyes as round as golf balls. They looked at me and started screaming. I jumped out of the car and ran around to the drivers side rear door and pulled them out and we hugged and hugged.




The more I looked around I saw God's divine intervention. The car rested 10 feet shy of a 40 foot drop off, none of us were injured....NOT ONE SCRATCH, and the car is totaled.
My brothers were still in the Boise area and were able to come rescue us off the freeway and take us to the ER. Two hours later at 2 am, we were able to check into a motel to finally get some sleep. We spent all day Monday figuring out a way to get home, because Enterprise did not have a car rental in Boise for us. My parents came and rescued us in the van, took us to dinner and we made the trek home.

Throughout all of this I can feel the love of my Saviour and his arms just wrapping around me and holding me. Yes it is a trial and I can say I serve an AWESOME, amazingly, wonderful and faithful God! He loves ME so much!!!

No comments: