Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why do kids???

Why do kids always have to drop the cuss words at the most in-opportune moment. It makes it seem like all we do at house is sit around smoking, drinking and cussing. I feel like the worst parent in the history of the world.

We were at me parents house last night and Tobyn was playing with the Tinker Toys. He was pretending like one of them was an apple and he was looking for the worm in it. So he says, "Where the hell is it?" I say, "Tobyn, what did you say?" Non chalantly he says, "Mama, I said where the hell is it?" Luckily Brian was sitting there to swiftly tell him that is not an appropriate word to use.

I know you are thinking to yourselves, what is wrong with that? Well, that is not the end of the story. About 15 minutes later Tobyn is standing by me and says, "Mommy it is dark outside, huh?" I nod my head and he says, "Holy sh**, it is time for me to go to work." (I have no idea where he got that???)

About another 15 minutes pass and Tobyn is now sitting on Nana's lap. He says to Nana, "That man on TV is gay." At this point my dad looks at me and says in his best lecture voice, "I guess it makes you wish you watched what you said around him."

So...my question is why? Why do they wait to show off for Nana and Papa or when we are out in public? Why can't the bad words be reserved for the privacy of our home??? I guess it is just another one of life's mysteries of raising kids.

3 comments:

Connie said...

at least it was Nana and Papa's house and not church!!

I don't know what the hell is wrong with that language. LOL, just kidding!! =D

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit...you're kidding me!! He said that?!? In front of your parents...oh my hell...that is so gay!! I'm sorry Shana...it's funny!! It happens, and it will pass...I promise! Love ya hon!
Tobyn...quit swearing, it's embarrassing your Mom ; )

Cindy said...

That last comment is mine...don't know why it says anonymous!
Cindy