Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

This year is the first year Brian and I decided to brave the crowds of the Black Friday sales. We stayed in Boise for Thanksgiving, so we had a variety of stores to choose from. We got up at 4 am on Friday to make it Toys'R'Us by 5 am. By the time we arrived at 4:30 am there was a line around the building. Luckily, my cousins were already there saving us a spot in line!

My dear hubby cracked me up. He is so polite and did not want to push or be greedy. He just wanted to meander through the store. I just laughed at him. I told him, "Today is not the day to be a Looky-loo. You need to get what you want and we need to move on to the next store." We ended up getting all the toys on our list and we got them at great deals. The problem arose when we got ready to check out. There were "lines" going everywhere. People that thought they were in line found out they weren't. The store manager ending up stepping in and directing traffic. I hurried to spot in the new line and we were outta there after a 30 minute wait.

The Boise Town Square Mall was our next stop. We hit JCPenney's first and were able to get some adorable outfits for Tobyn and Zoё that ended up being 60% off. We went to a few other stores including the Disney Store, Macy's and Finish Line.

We met up with my parents for breakfast at IHOP. I enjoyed a scrumptious omelet and time with the kiddos and then we were on our way again.

Our last stop was JoAnn's Fabric for some items for homemade Christmas gifts. We ended up saving over $250! All in all, I think we had a successful first Black Friday shopping day and it is definitely something I will repeat.

No comments: