Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

I got this neat book online for free. It is a countdown to Christmas, with an activity to do everyday. It has been so much fun. One of the ideas was to make homemade ornaments.

I made the salt flour dough (super easy) and then we put food coloring into some of the dough. I let Tobyn pick the shapes he wanted to cut out. He really liked the stars and trains, so ended up with a crazy amount of stars.



Zoё wanted to help too. So she sat on the counter, until she got bored. I put her on the floor and when I turned around to see what she was doing, I discovered her helping mommy with the flour. What a sweet girl....




We baked the cookies for about an hour and then let them cool. Then it was time to decorate. We used markers, glitter glue and puffy paint to make our ornaments pretty. Tobyn really like the glitter glue, especially the blue! I think he used the blue glitter on every ornament he made.



I sprayed them with a glossy varnish to seal them and preserve them. I think they turned out so cute. Tobyn decided he wanted to give some of the ornaments as Christmas presents.


Tobyn has already asked to do ornaments again this morning. But I think we will take it easy today. I am still exhausted from all that decorating. Hopefully I can recover before sugar cookie decorating!

3 comments:

Connie said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like this is something WE MUST DO SOON!!

God Bless!
Jen

Unknown said...

ps-send me the recipe or post it would ya?