Monday, May 18, 2009

Gardening

Brian and I decided to help my parents with their huge garden this year, so we can have fresh food throughout the summer.

Tobyn got to help Nana and Papa get the soil ready and plant seeds on Saturday. While pulling up the black plastic from last years gardening, they saw 3 snakes. It was great to hear Tobyn telling me the story later. He said, "Mommy I saw a black snake and I said AHHH! I like snakes, Mommy."

We are hoping the seeds actually grow, because after about 10 minutes of planting them, Tobyn was tired of the tedious work. So he thought it would be a great idea to toss them around. (Maybe this will be a good time to teach the Parable of the Sower.) So needless to say, Brian and I may be buying more seeds this week.

Now all that is left to do is to plant the live plants. Papa, Mommy, Tobyn and Zoe will be doing this on Wednesday. If all goes as planned we will have fresh lettuce, spinach, corn, peas, green beans, tomatoes, various peppers, cucumber, squash, zucchini, and melons.

I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

oh good, so later on this summer when I work with you we can have a salad party and you can bring in fresh veggies from your garden!!
I am retarded when it comes to gardening, I think about planting one each year....does that count for anything?