Monday, May 18, 2009

My parents tried to kill my baby!

Ok...I am exaggerating just a bit. They didn't do this on purpose...here's the story.


Zoe stayed the night with my parents on Friday night. On Saturday morning she was playing in their living room and decided she would like to take a ride in the infant swing. The swing could not hold her weight and broke under the pressure flipping her backwards onto her head. She let out a big cry and then tried to catch her breath.

Nana ran to Zoe and kissed her all better, but nothing is better than Mommy's love. So at 9 am they called me to talk about the big "ouwie" over the phone. As my mom and Zoe told me the story, I could her my dad in the background saying, "Don't exaggerate it. It is not as bad as you are saying." But as soon as I got the house to pick her up, I saw my mom was NOT exaggerating. Zoe has a huge, black and blue goose egg on her forehead, a bruise on her cheek and a bruise on her leg. I think a little bit harder hit on Zoe's head, we would have had some blood and an ER visit. Thank God for "just a bruise" even if my baby's face is all banged up.

We went out to dinner on Saturday night and Brian kept saying, "I think people will think we are child abusers." He almost didn't want to go out of fear of being turned into Social Services. I am sure many moms understood. Silly Daddies!

Here are some pictures I got of Zoe...they are not as great as I hoped for because she is such a wiggle worm. Keep in mind these are 3 days out....it looked so much worse on Saturday and Sunday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor ZOE! I'll bet gma an gpa felt HORRIBLE!

Shana Jacobs said...

They did feel horrible and I gave them a hard time all weekend. Lol.

Connie said...

poor Zoe!!! I laughed pretty hard at your title tho! lol