Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

Tobyn, Zoë, and Mommy went shopping for Halloween costumes about 3 weeks before Halloween. I took Tobyn down the "boy" aisle to pick out the typical boy costume. I showed him the muscly Spider man, the Optimus Prime, and the Hulk costumes. But he didn't seem to like any of them. So as we walked, Tobyn saw a puppy costume and decided he had to be a puppy. I let him pick out Zoë's costume too. He thought Zoë should be a monkey. I was impressed with Tobyn's choice for Zoë. She is our little climbing monkey at home. The costume fit her personality perfectly!!

Tobyn was excited for Halloween the entire week. He would say, "Guess what Mommy? Halloween and trick-or-treating!!" It was so cute! When Halloween finally came, he was being quite a stinker. He would not let me paint his face and he would not put on his costume. I had to resort to calling in reinforcements (Nana) to do some over the phone convincing. Once he had his costume and face paint on, he was ready to go get candy! I could not get him to stand still for pictures. This picture is the only one that he would stand long enough for me to capture a shot.

Zoë, on the other hand, was more than happy to wear her costume. In fact, all week she kept going to the closet and pulling out he costume for me to put on her. She loves it. She sat very still as I put face paint on her. I think she is going to be a make-up lover like her mommy!

We had a great time on Halloween. We chili at my mom and dad's before trick-or-treating. One of my friends invited us to the "Trunk or Treat" at her church. We explained to Tobyn that he needed to say, "Trick or treat" to each person. He would say, "Trick-or-treating!" and would enthusiastically say, "Thank you!!!" to every person. Zoë ended up staying so warm in her costume, she became almost lethargic and began to drift of to sleep in Daddy's arms. We ended up only doing the "Trunk or Treat" because Tobyn's and Zoë's bags were so full of candy, they would not hold any more and Tobyn was ready to be done after about 45 minutes. After trick-or-treating we headed back to my parents for hot cocoa and to watch Iron Man.

1 comment: