Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Curves


My weight-loss journey has been a bit frustrating this last week. I started eating only good carbs and I have been so good about eating them in moderation, yet I am gaining weight back. Brian assures me that it is because muscle weighs more than fat, but I am not completely convinced that is the whole reason. Two great things about my diet, though. One, I have lost 3 inches off my waist and second, I am eating healthy for once in my life.


So after talking with him about my concerns, we decided it would be good for me to join Curves. I have heard so many great weight-loss stories from Curves members (including my babysitter who has lost 45 pounds in the last 3 months!!!). The one thing that I love is a complete and total workout in 30 minutes only 3 times a week. Three of the other days I will be walking/jogging and then I will have one day of rest a week.


I will keep you posted about my weight loss. I am getting pretty excited about it!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I am so proud of you! I don't know if you're familiar with Contours Express...but it's very similar to Curves. I was a member of Contours Express for two years and went faithfully 3 times a week and the results are VERY REAL! If you are faithful, you WILL see results! Your body will become so much more toned, you'll be stronger, you'll have more energy, and just feel better overall! The only thing I would add is to make sure you continue to stay faithful with your walking or some type of cardio because most don't offer alot of that. I think you're going to love it! There's no fear or being self-concious because it's all women and they are so supportive! Best wishes!

P.S. I deleted my other two comments because I found typos in them and I retyped it! LOL! I can't stand typos! Teehee!

Shana Jacobs said...

Thanks Melody. I appreciate your support! You are a great friend. I will be sure to keep walking. Thanks for the advice.