Friday, April 3, 2009

South Beach Diet


I decided to start the South Beach diet this week. I have been doing some research on diets and this seemed like the most reasonable diet out there.


The biggest obstacle to this diet is the first 2 week of NO CARBS! I love carbs and this will be quite a stretch for me....especially since I can't even have fruit. Once you get past the first 2 weeks, you can eat some carbs in moderation. I will be able to have whole grains a few times a week and fruit almost daily. The big change will be learning to live without potatoes. The positive side is I can eat until full as long as I am eating the right kinds of foods.


In the first 2 weeks, I should see a drop of 10-15 pounds and then gradual weight loss (1-2 pounds per week) after that.



I think with this diet and my exercise, I should be good to go...IF I can make it past the NO CARB phase!

No comments: