Monday, April 6, 2009

Hula-Hooping and Ski Jumping

Brian and I decided to buy Wii Fit last Friday while perusing the shelves at Wal-Mart. We went straight home and started setting up our profiles and playing/exercising.


It is so amazing to me how far we have come in the "gaming" world. The Wii Fit board can measure your weight and then has you do a balance test to make sure your center of balance is correct. Once you have done your measurements, it is off to play! There is Yoga, strength training, aerobic, and balance games.



We decided to start with the balance games. I guess I am balance-challenged because I had a hard time with all of them, with the exception of the Ski jumping game. I was killing Brian at ski jumping (until he practiced all night while I slept). But I plan on practicing while he is at work today!!!



We then decided to try the aerobics games. The first one is Hula-hooping. Do you know how long it has been since I hula-hooped...at least 18 years! Let me tell you, if you want a good ab and leg workout, you should Hula-hoop! I feel sore in muscles I have not felt in YEARS! Plus, it is very entertaining to watch others swing their hips as fast as they can. Brian was so horribly funny that I laughed so hard I cried.


I totally recommend this game! It is going to be a great weight-loss tool for me, plus a fun family activity!

No comments: