Saturday, April 25, 2009

Earth Day (April 22)

Earth Day was April 22nd. One of my friends encouraged me to get out and enjoy the outdoors with my family and praise God for the world He has blessed us with. I am so glad she did.

It was a very nice day, so we decided we would walk to the library. I sprayed the kids down with sunscreen and we were off. I pointed out the flowers to Tobyn and Zoe and by about the 3rd block, Tobyn was pointing out all the flowers that he liked and Zoe was pointing out all the animals. We didn't stay long at the library...my kids forgot how to be quiet in the library, so Mommy was more than ready to leave outta of shear embarrassment. I was so proud of Tobyn, he walked the entire distance to the library (about 7 blocks) and back! What a BIG boy!


By the time we got home, the kids scarfed down lunch and laid down for a nap with Mommy. When we got up, I decided we would explore our own yard and play outside until dinner. We jumped on the trampoline and look at our flowers.

It was such a beautifully, wonderful day! Thank God for the world He provided for us to enjoy!

No comments: